Hezbollah Launches Massive Rocket Attack Following Israeli Strike on Senior Commander


Hezbollah – the terrorist group backed by Iran that illegally occupies southern Lebanon – fired hundreds of rockets into Israel during the night and early morning on Wednesday after Israel Defense Forces (IDF), which had struck a Hezbollah senior commander, launched a strike.

The attacks coincided with the Jewish holiday Shavuot, which commemorates the giving of the Torah and the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai. Many Israelis living in northern Israel had to seek shelter. In one video families are seen scattering from a picnic to bomb shelters as the father who is filming calms his kids.

In a press release, the IDF stated:

IAF struck a Hezbollah control and command center last night (Tuesday) in the southern Lebanon area of Jouaiyya, which had been used in recent months to direct terror attacks on Israeli territory from southeastern Lebanon. Sami Taleb Abdullah was killed as part of this strike. He was the commander of the Nasr Unit of the Hezbollah terrorist group. Sami Taleb Abdullah, a senior Hezbollah commander in southern Lebanon, was eliminated as part of the strike.

Over many years, terrorists have planned, advanced and committed a number of terror acts against Israeli civilians. In the same strike, three additional Hezbollah terrorists were also killed.

According to The Times of Israel, Hezbollah launched over 200 rockets toward northern Israel, including near Tiberias, a holy city on the Sea of Galilee. No one was injured, but firefighters did extinguish several brush fires.

Speaking from Doha in Qatar, U.S. Secretary Antony Blinken said that a truce between Israel’s Hamas and Hamas in Gaza would calm tensions between Israel, Hezbollah, because it would remove Hezbollah’s reasons for war.

Hezbollah, despite the Gaza War, is dedicated to the destruction and elimination of Israel. It has moved into the southern border region of Lebanon against the United Nations Security Council Resolution (1707 (2006) to achieve its goal.

After the terror attack by Hamas on October 7, Israel began to fire sporadic shots at it. In November, when Hamas freed Israeli hostages and Israel freed Palestinian terrorists, the attacks paused. Since then they have intensified.